Here, you’ll be surrounded by our family, filled with care, working for your recovery.
I am Shelly and I am Cassia
business office director
Get better, go home.
Skilled Nursing Short-Term Rehabilitation
for adults of all ages
Surgery, illness or injury can bring your day-to-day activities to a stop. Bridging the gap between hospital and home requires the latest technology, clinical expertise, holistic support and an environment that promotes well-being. Transitional care and rehabilitation at Valley View Village provides a healthy balance of treatment protocols, new construction and highly skilled care, dedicated to rapid recovery. As a preferred provider in the Accountable Care Organization (ACO) network for both major health systems in the Des Moines area, Valley View Village skilled nursing center is recognized as a trusted rehabilitation provider in promoting better health and healing.
Getting you back to your best
Your team of health care professionals will work with you and your family to develop a care plan that can help you transition quickly back into everyday life. Our medical director guides skilled nursing care and physician assistants, therapists and clinicians who work to restore lost function. Our therapists are specialists in rehabilitation care and help patients build strength, improve balance, mobility and overall health.
AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill
Available in our health center, AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill can benefit our patients and help achieve better outcomes.
- Body weight can be reduced by up to 80% through patented NASA air pressure technology.
- Patients can walk freely with less stress on joints, which improves balance and control and can decrease fear of falling.
- Patients are able to participate in physical therapy with less pain and less risk of injury.
- Therapists are provided with a precise way to track patients’ progress. Documented progress is also a motivation for rehabilitation efforts.
Our New Rehabilitation Center
Our new, state-of-the-art center features comfortable suites and welcoming community spaces.
Amenities & Services
- Three delicious meals daily
- Restaurant-style dining rooms
- Cable television, wireless internet
- Spacious living room
- Housekeeping, laundry, linens
- Beauty salon/barber
- State-of-the-art therapy gym
- Spa Room with accessible soothing whirlpool tub
- Outdoor spaces, walking paths
- Registered nurse on site 24/7
- Physician, NP or PA on site three or more days each week
Therapies on site
- I.V. therapy
- Acute and chronic wound care
- Generic rehabilitation
- Joint replacement therapy
- Orthopedic and sports medicine
- Among the top in the nation for short-term and long-term pain management
- Outpatient therapies
- Pharmacy within 8 hours
- Social workers
- Spiritual care 24/7
Choose where you will recover
You’ll feel better and recover faster when surrounded by the people you love. Make your own choice about where you will go for rehabilitation—tell your discharge planner to refer you to Valley View Village for your rehabilitation.
If you have a surgery planned
Pre-planning can provide you with a seamless hospital-to-rehabilitation transition. Tour, meet staff, reserve your stay and see everything our community offers!