We learn each person’s life story and help them celebrate it every day.
I am Cassia
New, State-of-the-Art Health Center
Our beautifully-designed, high-technology 24-hour skilled nursing health center is designed to care for people needing skilled nursing, memory care or therapy following a hospital stay. Residents can enjoy many community spaces including restaurant-style dining rooms, cafe, living rooms, beauty/barber shop, whirlpool tub and new therapy gym.
Valley View Village is a preferred provider in the Accountable Care Organization (ACO) network for both major health systems in the Des Moines area.
Long-Term Skilled Nursing Care
Holistic in focus and dedicated to innovation, Valley View Village provides 24-hour skilled nursing care for those with advanced health care needs. The compassionate care team includes physicians, nurse practitioners, registered and licensed nurses, nursing assistants, therapists, social workers and chaplains who work together with a deep commitment to high-quality clinical and personal care. Therapeutic recreation and life-enriching activities are an integral part of life here.
Amenities & Services
- Three delicious meals daily
- Restaurant-style dining rooms
- Cable television, wireless internet
- Spacious living room
- Housekeeping, laundry, linens
- Beauty salon/barber
- State-of-the-art therapy gym
- Spa Room with accessible soothing whirlpool tub
- Outdoor spaces, walking paths
- Registered nurse on site 24/7
- Physician, NP or PA on site three or more days each week
- Nursing assistants 24/7
- Social workers
- Pharmacy services
- Chaplains, spiritual care
Skilled Nursing & Therapies
- Physical, occupational and speech therapies
- I.V. therapies
- Acute and chronic wound care
- Laboratory tests
- Bladder Ultrasound
- Cardiac Echo
- Glucose tests
- Oxygen management
- Among the top in the nation for short-term and long-term pain management
- Fully-furnished private or semi-private suites
- Private bath with walk-in shower
- Kitchenette with refrigerator, microwave and sink
358–382 sq ft
620–768 sq ft
Skilled Nursing Memory Care
In this special memory care neighborhood, we care for those in all stages of memory loss who also need 24-hour skilled nursing. Each person enjoys a private suite, housekeeping, laundry, three nutritious meals daily and an outdoor memory garden. Specially trained staff provide personal care, ability-centered activities and a broad range of skilled care services as residents’ needs increase.
Amenities & Services
- Central living and dining area
- Community kitchen
- Secure outdoor memory garden
- Enriching, meaningful activities
- Recreational activities
- Specially trained staff
- Staff learn each person’s life story and interact with residents to help them stay connected
- Individualized plan of care that enhances communication, brings out personality, celebrates abilities and rejoices in connections
Hospice care encircles you and your family with comfort, pain management, honesty and respect for your decisions.
Valley View Village partners with specialized hospice care providers to bring physical, emotional and spiritual care for people with life-limiting illnesses and support for their loved ones. Your family can hand over the worries of daily physical care, allowing all of you to focus on this precious time together. The chaplains are available for prayer, Bible reading, guidance and fostering connections with God and family. Chaplains are always respectful of personal and cultural preferences.
Many wonderful volunteers offer their varied gifts for companionship and a calming presence to residents.
When family caregivers need to be away, respite care is a trusted solution. A short-term stay with us includes a fully-furnished suite, all meals, tailored health services and access to the events and activities at Valley View Village.
For those who need a little more assistance following a hospital stay, respite care can provide the extra care needed to rest and recuperate for a successful return home. Therapy services are available.
Valley View Village offers many opportunities for a rich and full life, including spiritual care. Our staff chaplains are available for the spiritual needs of residents, families and staff. All are invited to non-denominational worship services. Bible studies and conversations with our chaplains are regularly scheduled and open to everyone.